Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

What I wish for ...

Today, my family are celebrating the 6th birthday of our two precious girls, Rachel Elizabeth and Natasha Lauren.

Birthdays are such wonderful occasions: the excitement, the celebration, the joy of making someone feel special, as well as the amazement of time gone by.

Was it really 6 years ago that my little daughters came into this world? My husband and I had very few expectations of the birth ... we wished only to have two healthy girls. In fact, we didn't even celebrate Rachel's arrival until we could hear Natasha's cry a few minutes later!

Indeed we have been blessed with two healthy girls; each with their own personality, needs and vitality. Today I look at them with pure love and joy; it is not the first time, but it is for the need to wish for their future happiness. It is a sharp emotion, which has caught me by surprise. I guess the challenges they (we) have faced this year may be contributing to my wishful thinking.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I hope to be a good parent such that I nurture their spirits that will guide their choices and, ultimately, determine their happiness in the future.

God bless my children ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment