Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



Outside my window ...
Is the beautiful night sky, lit with an infinite number of twinkling stars! It is a joy to be in the desert on nights like these :)


I am thinking ...
How glad I am to be home after a week or so of travelling.


I am thankful ...
For holiday experiences.


From the kitchen ...
I successfully produced a cous-cous salad to accompany the salmon for dinner tonight.


I am wearing ...
Cotton tank top and denim shorts to cater for our recent warm Spring weather.


I am creating ...
Words and ideas for ANOTHER book I would like to write. Oh, one of these days!


I am going ...
To enjoy my sleep tonight after a busy day unpacking suitcases, washing piles and piles of clothes, cleaning cupboards and tidying mess.


I am currently reading ...
Nothing.
Four books to choose from: Britain in 1926; Russia in 1910; England 14th Century; Venice 1604.
Spoilt for choice!


I am remembering ...
How to think positive thoughts and be grateful for the small things.


I am hoping ...
To enjoy the remainder of the school holidays with the kids.


I am hearing ...
The conversation between a grown man and his Mother. My Mother-in-law is here for her annual, two week visit.


On my mind ...
Preparations for tomorrow, the week ahead, the girls' 7th birthday party and my overdue assignments.


Noticing that ...
Grass is growing in my new garden due to the warm weather! Grrrrr.


One of my favourite things ...
Flowers.

Pondering these words ...
"Today, let us choose to walk the good path for this is the way of peace." Angel


Around the house ...
My girls are fast asleep, but they still have many hours to catch up on after our travels.
The dog is outside awaiting his night walk.
My husband and mother-in-law are connecting through conversation.

Evidence that we've been away on holiday is mostly gone now ... It is time to settle into reality.


A few plans ...
Mostly to prepare for the girls' birthday party -- party bags, magic tricks, food and drinks, a general clean-up.


From my camera ...


If you would like to start The Simple Woman's Daybook, then please visit Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/.

6 comments:

  1. Love that photo. Wow. Hope you are enjoying your m-i-l's 2-week visit. That's a neat thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for your lovely comment on my post "fun with layers" on my blog and for linking my blog to your page. I notice you have an interest in writing, and thought you might like to visit this link I recently hooked into http://www.writing-information-and-tips.com/
    ps I have enjoyed browsing through your blogs - I love your tree photo in your title. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous photos and very lovely ,honest writings...lovely!
    love your blog and will be visiting often!
    hugs
    lila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara - Thank you for this glimpse into your world. I love your blog! I thank you for visiting mine and am humbled by your gracious comments and the quote and linkback used in this post. Have a wonderful weekend and may God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big THANK YOU for all your comments ... it is truly humbling to read them all :)
    This month has flown by and very little has made it into my blog. But life is for living also! Joy to you all! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete