Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finding happiness


Yesterday I was asked by a few friends to divulge my secret to finding happiness ... on the condition that I found it first, of course!

There has been a little turbulence in my life of late, but nothing within my "sphere of control" ... so I feel slightly battered and bewildered by the experience. My attempt to regain control over my life began on Monday. What did I do first? Sleep! At 8 o'clock in the morning I returned to my cosy, comfortable bed and stayed there for 4 hours whilst my understanding and supportive husband looked after the kids. Heaven!

Turbulence in my world hit immediately after my glorious sleep ... Thus, my first attempt to gain control had failed. What to do now? Well, instinct took over -- I indulged in a caffiene, chocolate and whinge fix! The phone cord was subsequently removed from its socket to prevent further communication with the outside world. Breathe girl!

Walking around the rest of the day with my head in the clouds of denial did wonders for my mood. To hide myself away I progressed through the list of mundane things that needed doing around the house. The evening was not spent over-analysing my present circumstances either, as my husband encouraged me to enter a tennis tournament (on the Wii). Thus the night was spent energetically whipping the Williams' sisters at their game!

On Tuesday morning I found myself with renewed enthusiasm for life. After walking the kids to school I ran 3kms for the first time in 9 months! Fruit and plenty of water followed ... a better instinct had kicked in. We're now into Tuesday evening and I have succumbed to two strong coffees and a dose of birthday shopping. So, has happiness found me yet? Not yet, but I am working on it!

My advice for finding happiness:
1. Don't acknowledge yor unhappiness in the first place.
2. Avoid people and the world news at all costs.
3. Housework is a sure way to find unhappiness.
4. Shopping for others makes spending money okay, but it doesn't help.
5. Going outside to enjoy nature is fraught with the danger of finding your garden full of weeds.
6. Walking the dog may indeed be a good deed, but stopping at every pole may become rather irritating.
7. Constant whinging in your friends' ears may find you in need of new friends.
8. All extended family tensions and issues should be left alone.
9. Researching the web for quick-fixes may leave you feeling more out-of-sorts than you did initally.
10. Please don't take any of these seriously as my tongue is firmly pushed into the side of my mouth!

Happy hunting ❤❤❤

No comments:

Post a Comment