Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Monday, May 3, 2010

Being different


Today has been a hard day. Today, I felt like I was back at high school; I had that feeling of not fitting in and of being different. Yes, it is silly. But you can't control how you feel. However, the benefit of being 20 years older is having the knowledge that you can control your reaction to these feelings!

I have two wonderful books on the go at the moment ... the first is called The Six Questions of Socrates and the second is Secrets About Life Every Woman Should Know. I am loving the ideas contained within these two books, especially the concept of my purpose in life being to grow into the best human I can be ... with virtues such as a sense of social justice, a sense of courage, piety toward humanity and love or empathy for others. It is with this knowledge that I can reflect upon today's events and remain confident in the person I am now and who I want to be in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment