Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Monday, December 26, 2011

My December Daybook


FOR TODAY
Outside my window...
is the bright sunshine of a summer's day with birds chirping and the humming of insects as well as cars travelling along the highway.

I am thinking...how lucky our family is this year to celebrate Christmas together, esp. such happy and healthy kids.

I am thankful...for a clean start in life; we've moved 1200kms down south, near a city, near to my side of the family and so far (1 week later) I feel we're embracing the new lifestyle and forging relationships long lost with distance.

In the kitchen...we've cleaned up from a lunch of Christmas leftovers.

I am wearing...the new and old: blue denim shorts and blue cut-away top. My sister said "did you sleep in those clothes?" ... so I guess I wore these yesterday after all the festivities :)) Ha ha.

I am creating...a new life for my immediate family.

I am going...nowhere in the near future. Content to live amongst our boxes in my childhood home with my parents and all that comes with it.

I am wondering...I am trying not to wonder; I am trying to live and experience each day at a time. There is much to learn through experience and reflection.

I am reading..."Golden Earrings" by Belinda Alexandra.
A present for myself to keep my mind ticking over in someone's world.

Around the house...my near-80 year old Father is dozing (not-so-quietly) in the armchair beside me; my busy-bee Mother is working away at her computer at the table; my angelic Husband sits beside me on the couch, flicking through the newspaper; my two 8 year old girls are playing happily in the back bedroom (only coming out for food); and the Boxing Day Test Cricket, between Australia and India, is playing out quietly on the television.

One of my favourite things...is finding harmony.
Although we're gradually understanding how to live together (two families with strong female leadership) ... there still remain periods of hurt feelings, misunderstandings and awkward situations.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

from my favourite author and source of inspiration.



3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much fro stopping by my blog to say hi, and for your lovely comments. I see you have moved south, and I wish you all you dream for in 2012. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your daybook with beautiful pictures, especially the header pic. I stopped by through Simple Woman's Daybook.

    beagleAnnie from Osaka,Japan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both :))
    Wishing you a Happy New Year for 2012! May it be a year for dreams and realising them ...

    ReplyDelete