Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happiness


1st AUGUST, 2010

What do you need to be happy?

I have learnt over the years not to depend too much upon other people, material wealth or life circumstances for my happiness.


I am happy when the glow and warmth of the winter sun enters the windows of my house.

I am happy with a strong, black coffee and sizeable square of chocolate in my hand.

I am happy as I walk my very energetic and often disobedient puppy in the bush.

I am happy at get-togethers with old friends or family I haven't seen for a long time.

I am happy when I can talk deeply and trustingly with a close friend or my loving husband.

I am happy with the satisfaction of a hard day's work or the arrival of an unexpected compliment.

I am happy as I watch the rain lashing our lounge room window during a wild tropical storm.

I am happy at the memory of childhood delights or first kisses.

I am happy when I read an unforgettable book, view a fabulous photograph or see an inspirational movie.

I am happy with the sound of my children laughing.

I am happy as Spring arrives and brings with it the first blush of roses and fruit blossoms.

I am happy at the beach with the sound of waves upon the shore and the joy of shell collecting.

But I am happiest, above all, within my own skin.

It has taken many painstaking years to get to this point, but I am now happy to be who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment