Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

To live and love or fear it all

Fear makes my hair stand up.

Fear leaves me breathless.

Fear paralyses my body.

Fear drives my mind wild.

Fear causes my heart to race or just stop completely ...

Fear.

Fear.

Fear.

I fear the darkness of night.

I fear the noises of my houses.

I fear the pain of my children.

I fear the bouts of insomnia.

I fear the ache of grief.

I fear the thoughts of depression.

And I fear the lack of direction or purpose in my life ...

Love.

Love.

Love.

Love swells my heart.

Love allows me to breathe deeply.

Love frees my body.

Love eases the pain.

Love gives me freedom of thought.

Love caresses my soul.

Love conquers my fear ...

Tomorrow, I hope my courage to choose love and life is stronger than my fear.


"Fear is created out of love by your own mind to protect you from pain.
Fear pretends to protect us from harm when it is actually robbing us of our passion for life.
Freedom doesn't mean having no fear. It means acting in spite of your fear.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Barbara De Angelis

No comments:

Post a Comment