Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Understanding my soul


My mind is full of beats, rhythms and music.

My feet are itching to move and groove.

My heart is full of love, hope and happiness.

My spirit is free.

Dancing. I love to dance. The music drives my feet, my body, my heart; thus thoughts no longer take precedence over emotions and feelings. It is freedom for my soul. And all is beautiful.

At special times in my life, dancing has been an integral part of it. Happy times.

Like learning to ballroom dance in the Mt Helena "hall" on a Friday night. The jive. The cha-cha-cha. The samba. The quick-step. Although, Patrick Swayze never did turn up to partner us! But we had fun, we had each other and we were finding our way through those teenage years.

And years later, when my first job took me so far from "home" ... I found sanctuary in music and dancing. Music helped relieve the pain of breaking up with my first boyfriend after four years together. And at my "new home" in Alice Springs, I found a regular dance partner with whom I could comfortably share the dance floor. Once we were out there, we didn't leave until the music stopped! Those nights were heavenly.

So here I am now, ready to embrace it all again.

I want to be happy.

I want to feel free.

I want to dance again.

No comments:

Post a Comment