Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Writing ...

Yesterday I rejoiced in the ability to write down my thoughts for a few hours, which I quickly interpreted as a blessing ...

Today I am almost cursing the flow of words in my head because their persistence has interrupted my early morning sleep!

This feels like an unusual time in my life ... a time where I have the freedom of thought combined with opportunities in which to write them down. On previous occasions of creativity there has existed a strong feeling of self-doubt, a doubt in my ability to express my thoughts 'properly' due to the lack of formal training. Although this feeling still exists, the need to rid my brain of thoughts, stories and memories overrides my fear of failure. And, I guess, there is the possibility I might just get better through practice!

So, here goes ... practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment