Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A life cycle













Last week my mind was whirring like crazy!
Plus I couldn't sleep,
            I couldn't eat,
                 I couldn't concentrate,
                      I had no patience ...
and I was crying at the drop of a hat!

Something was wrong ... but what?

The week before I was smiling,
                               I was on top of the world,
                                    I was organised,
                                         I was studying diligently ...
and I was able to see the beauty of everything around me.

So what happened ... what changed?

I still can't pinpoint one single event or a particular reason for my recent malaise. However, I do know that the events of May and June caused me to look deep within myself and question my abilities, beliefs and goals. As a result, there has been shedding of old skin and an invigoration of my integrity.

Perhaps the re-surfacing of old issues last week served to test my new self?

Thus I look forward, with interest, to the events and emotions of this week.
I hope to find peace,
    I hope to find support,
        I hope to find joy,
             I hope to find beauty ...
and I hope to find strength if none of these are found.

Life is a never-ending cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment