Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Sunday, August 15, 2010

First love

A face appears, memories swell and feelings return.










He was my first love.
I was young, so was he.
Though we shared a connection,
I was too shy and uncertain to pursue my feelings.

He was gentle and kind.
I watched as others flitted about him.
His gaze was steady and I melted before it,
But I couldn't disengage my self-control and I lost him.

He and his family moved.
We lost touch for many years.
But my wishes for him to live a happy life were strong,
And he remained in my heart and soul.

His story found its way to me.
I found him and reached out.
Perhaps I needed to tell him how I felt for my own sake,
But my intention was to make him feel lovable and special.

We talked and listened.
I felt feelings I hadn't expected.
I wished for different circumstances, but it was unrealistic,
How can you be friends with someone who stirs your soul?

Today, his face appears again.
I can't believe my eyes!
My heart is beating furiously, my mind is awash with questions,
But my self-control is back and I know to keep my distance.

Perhaps we've met before.
Perhaps we're destined to meet again.
There will always be a strong connection between us,
But we will not be connected by love in this life time.

Till we meet again, my sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment