Enjoying today, reflecting on yesterday and dreaming of tomorrow ...

Monday, August 2, 2010

Through a child's eye

Oh Mummy, you said I was your baby,
and you'd never ever leave me.
Oh Daddy, you said I was your one and only,
and no others would there be.
But now you've both just let me down,
and I don't know how to see ...
beyond my tears, beyond this minute and beyond my misery!

Oh Teacher, you said I was behaving well,
and that I made you very proud.
Oh Friend, you said I was the best,
and you liked when I laughed out loud.
But now you've both just let me down,
and I don't know how to act ...
beyond my anger, beyond my frustration and beyond this gloomy shroud!

Oh Self, you said I could do anything,
and that we would do it all.
Oh Self, you said I was making progress,
and we would never fall.
But now you've just let me down,
and I don't know what's coming next ...
beyond my fear, beyond the unknown and beyond my iron-wall!

Oh Child, you must believe us now,
when we tell you all will be okay.
Oh Child, you must believe us now,
when we ask you to find your way.
We understand your world has changed,
and you're feeling all mixed up ...
but beyond this hurdle you will jump and there you'll want to stay.

Oh Child, we promise to love you no matter what you do,
so you must promise to love yourself and do it forever too.


2 comments:

  1. this an awesome piece of work :)
    it really pacified the child in me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words :D

    My inspiration came from my workplace, but there is a child within us all with wounds that need healing.

    ReplyDelete